Tacuna Systems Load Cell Amplifier
Tacuna System’s in-house designed load cell amplifier is a cost-effective embedded solution for your strain measurement needs. This miniaturized strain gauge amplifier accepts or completes a single Wheatstone bridge arranged in quarter, half, or full bridge mode—while also accepting a standard load cell.
Gain and offset adjustment can be manually controlled from a gain select dip switch and offset adjust potentiometer (M version) or programmatically (X version). Easily interface this load cell amp with your microprocessor, analog-to-digital converter (ADC), or programmable logic controller (PLC) for reliable strain signal measurements.
Additionally, this strain gauge amp can be interfaced directly with any analog LabVIEW DAQ or other data acquisition systems.
Contact us for any inquiries on load cell interfacing.
- Amplified analog voltage output 0-5V range
- Unipolar operation eliminates need for bipolar data acquisition device
- Vibration resistant circuitry for harsh environments (no low voltage piezoelectric effects)
- Ability to handle low bridge resistances (down to 10 ohms in special cases)
- +5V on board excitation
- Precision gain (.1% tolerance)
- Gain: 110, 220, 550, 1100, 2200, 5500, 11000
- Optional enclosure (small profile 1″ x 3″)
- Upgradable firmware via RS-232 bootloader (X version)
Available options: 4-20mA (C version), RS-232 output available (X version) with configurable setpoint output (open drain)
Flexible on-board bridge completion circuit
- Contains mounting holes
- Bridge resistors can be through hole or surface mount
- Surface mount option allows placement of 0805 package resistors
- Through hole resistors can be soldered in place or plugged into provided socket
- Completion resistors sold separately
Anti-aliasing and noise elimination filters
- Factory Default: -3dB at 70Hz C and M versions
- Can be customized per your application
- Use simple potentiometer to adjust for offset errors or allow on-board microcontroller to handle this (X version)
Plug-in connectors or headers (upon request)
- Additional plugs can be ordered here